Thursday, May 5, 2011

*Day 1
Finally...

A fresh start.  A blank slate.  A new blog.

Where to start.  What to say. 

I suppose this is the place where I could be explaining what you will find in this blog, but I think it's pretty spelled out in the blog header.  Maybe it would be nice to let you know who we are and how we got here, but I've already done a good portion of that here.  An explanation of the blog title might be helpful so I did my best to explain that too.  What's left?

How about that we are adopting!!  Domestic newborn open adoption. 


I am reeling in an I-cannot-believe-we-are-finally-here-bubbling-over-with-excited-tears-at-random-inappropriate-moments-my heart-is-bursting-out-of-my-chest-good-things-like-this-do-not-happen-to-people-like-me-OMG-we're-really-adopting kind of way!  Lather.  Rinse.  Repeat.

So far we have:
  • contacted the adoption lawyer we met back in January 2010
  • filled out the paperwork we received at that time
  • found out they do not take the one and only credit card we own and use
  • waited 8 days for our bank to process and send a card they do accept (but not like I continually called them or obsessively checked the mail everyday or anything) 
  • talked about nursery-den room arranging
  • as well as about buying a crib (a real crib here people!)
  • started actually telling a few people (which will be a post all it's own)
  • faxed in the paperwork and 1/2 of the Phase I fees (*this is Day 1 for all official blog title-like purposes)
  • and a whole bunch of other foreign stuff that I don't yet feel I have any business even thinking about

I can't remember the last time I was this happy or felt more at peace.

And for those of you who have been listening to me whine about infertility and such for what likely seems to have gone on forever, I want to say "thank you" for sticking with me while we figured things out and also give you permission to breathe a quiet sigh of relief while thinking

Fucking FINALLY (or something less vulgar if you are so inclined).

I know I am.

49 comments:

  1. HURRAY!!! PRAISE GOD OR WHOMEVER YOU CHOOSE!!

    we were done. i was grieving. the hubbs was actually more done than me - no adoption or donor embie.

    then he changed his mind. gift horse, not looking in the mouth and all that!!

    i am SO VERY excited for you!!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. so. freaking. happy. for. you.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    it's amazing the relief and excitement that comes with wanting the same thing, finally, after the dissonance. when we shifted our reality, we were uplifted by the HOPE that came with becoming parents one day, something I hadn't felt in a very long time.

    if there's any way I can help support you in this process, please just let me know. I was grateful for a few wise people who had been down this road before...

    anyway. wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot find the words to express what I feel, just huge humongous warm fuzzy cheesy fucking real happiness. Your blog entry made my day. I could not be happier for you. So so so so, no words can describe. Yes. Oh yes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fuck that I'm all for vulgarity to express huge emotions. So pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just SO happy for you that I cannot even begin to think about expressing just HOW HAPPY that happy is.

    Really. SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO thrilled for you. You are going to be a MOTHER, brenda. A MOTHER!!!!!

    YAY!

    (Did I say I was REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY happy for you?)

    ps I read your other pages on the blog - superduper stuff! So very happy for more pics of the furbabies - I've been missing them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Brenda! I have been following your blog for about 3 years, now. It started after I had a miscarriage and have been reading your words ever since. I never commented before, but I am forced to do it now. This is so stupid, because I have never seen you in my life and you didn't even know I existed up to this point, but I am really, really, really so happy for you.
    I wish you all the best. I'm sure you will be a wonderful parent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jumping up and down. :-) So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you know how I feel about all of this!!! HOOORAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! I think we will not be adoptive mama twins (OK so not exactly the same path but still....)!! Doing a Happy Dance in Texas for YOU (and my dancing skills are pretty good, I must say :) )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Duh that is supposed to say "I think we will NOW be adoptive mama twins".... type-o!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy for you... so pleased for you.
    I'm loving being an adoptive mamma - although obviously not of a new born!

    So, so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so excited for you Brenda! I remember that feeling when DH and I let IF go and made the descision to take another path. It was as if a weight had been lifted off our shoulders and the dark clouds cleared.

    I can't wait to read more about your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! yay! yay! I am SO EXCITED for you! I mean, wow! I love the change of tone in your post. you sound amazing! I can't wait to hear all about it and see your beautiful baby in your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, now you have to email me when you can and tell me more!!!!

    I am so excited for you..for both you and M.

    I am tearing now..ok, big big big fat tears..i remember saying this to you that i will meet you someday, when you are ready and when you have met your resolution...:)

    i love you....

    tell me more tell me more!!!!!! *singing to the tune of Grease's Summer Nights*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Best. Decision. Ever. Hands down! So thrilled for you and M! Adoption is a bumpy road in and of itself, but unlike ART, there IS a baby at the end! Xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  15. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got the biggest smile when I clicked over here and read your news! I am so incredibly happy for you and M.

    Congratulations from the bottom of my heart! You are so deserving of this and I am thrilled to be able to follow the journey to your baby. Big, big hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am new to your blog but have read through some of your previous posts and can relate with your heartache. I just wanted to say congratulations, I'm so happy for you. You truly are deserving of this, I am looking forward to following along in your continued journey.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, B, I am crying for you! happy tears. So happy.

    I have changed the link in my reader!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hate the word FINALLY. Well...I hate it when people who have been TTC for a whole 6 months decide to announce that they are "FINALLY Pregnant!" Drives my damn insane.
    BUT.....
    I have to say that I can't be more excited that you are using the word FINALLY. You deserve to use it, and I plan on hearing you say it a thousand times more. I'm so excited for you and M.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Brenda!!!! My eyes are just welling with tears over here. I have never been more certain that someone should be a parent than I am certain you and M should be--oh my gosh!!! I'm just too freakin' excited to see how this all unfolds. Best news I've had ALL WEEK, hands down. Actually, all month! Hoooooooray!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG! OMG! OMG!

    I am so elated for you!!! wow, this is amazing news and honestly you have made my day. heck, my week!!

    just YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is just the MOST AMAZING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited, happy, over the moon for you!!!!!!!!! As Devon said, this has made my WEEK!!! Wishing I could give you a GREAT big huge HUG!!! Wow!

    Love,
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  22. Get out! (That's my Elaine Benes impression).

    I am SO happy for you! Yay yay yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Not fucking finally. Fucking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Can't wait to see how the future unfolds. WOOHOO!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You deserve this happiness! So thrilled to hear about it!

    So what was it that brought M round to this new way of thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  25. TOTALLY just made my day.

    So FUCKING happy for you!!! (I happen to like vulgar) Can't wait to hear more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm so glad that you guys are adopting!!! So very happy that this is happening...can't wait to hear all about it - I'm always here for you. Open adoption is such a great thing!

    (YAY!!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Brenda, I am so, so happy to hear this news!! I look forward to following along in your new journey! I think your perspective is a great one and you are going to be an amazing mom! I'm just so darn excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yay, yay, yay!!!!! I am sooo happy and excited for you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Crying *happy tears* for you...

    Dreams really do come true.

    Can't wait to see you in June! And give you the biggest, bone-crushing hug ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This joy and excitement and amazingness - THIS is how your journey is supposed to go. Brenda - this feels so right. I am so glad you and M were able to get on the same page. I cannot WAIT to meet the baby that is waiting for you two - a very fortunate baby who will have the most loving, caring, and deserving parents.

    I think everyone here is just completely thrilled for you.

    Fan-frickin-tastic!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my gosh I'm totally late to the party! Woo hoo! Yay! I'm so so happy to hear you're in a happy place. Things turn - you see?! They do! I think our fear just slowly becomes panic, and then despair and soon we feel there's no hope - but then something shifts - or it suddenly turns and we get a whole new perspective on the path that we're on. It's a long path - and we really have no idea what's around each turn. And more importantly: yay we'll be adoptive moms together! (still waiting for our referral..)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I cried a few happy tears when I read your post. You were so down and defeated on your last post in the other place, I just wanted to reach through the computer screen and give you a hug.

    Squee! (I am so not a squee kind of gal, but if there's ever a moment that warrants one, this is it.)

    I am looking forward to seeing the rest of your story unfold.

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Elated, excited, overjoyed, thrilled, giddy...YAY!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Brenda, I don't have the words to express how happy I am for you that you are moving forward. You *will* be a mother, and I hope very soon.

    Looking forward to reading about this leg of your journey here.

    ReplyDelete
  35. So happy you and your guy have made this wonderful decision--and so glad you'll be keeping us along for the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Insta-tears. *sniff* Thank you for this slice of happiness. I am completely overjoyed for you! Completely. This is where your ship was headed all along. And it's going to be such a ride. Looking forward to sharing it with you and how fitting that this new page in your lives gets a new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  37. So so so happy to read this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love this new blog! And the news!!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm so happy you and M have been able to come to a decision you're both excited about. I can't wait to read more about your adoption journey!

    ReplyDelete
  40. OMGOSH Brenda!!!! This is the best news ever, you just made my night, my week! I cannot wait to follow this blog!!! YIPPPEEE!!!!! If you were in person, I would be hugging you and jumping up and down! Way to persevere and hang in there so strongly.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow! Fantastic! I am just filled to the brim with happiness for you!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I cannot tell you how happy reading this post has made me.

    I cannot wait to see the end of the story with you guys holding your baby in your arms - at long last!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  43. I am full out bawling happy tears for you right now. I hope my husband doesn't come in because he will seriously think I'm crazy. This is so amazing. I am so happy for you. Literally overwhelmed with joy. ((Happy, relieved, hallelujah, wet cheeked hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  44. Yipee! Yipee! Yipee! Long time follower, first time commenter. Sooooo excited for you! It's amazing how happy and excited you are! Best of luck Brenda! What a lucky little baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thank you for commenting on my blog. If you hadn't, I would never have discovered your AMAZING blog. Love love!!! Let's go through this journey together, shall we? Very excited for you and yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. tears of joy for you after many months of never commenting but faithfully following. i wish i knew you brenda because i would love nothing better than to hug you with all my heart. such deep admiration for you, for putting it all out there and for finally beginning the journey toward YOUR happiness. like the other women said, there are no words to express how happy we are for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Holy CRAPP! I just found you here ,and could NOT be more excited!!! Im thrilled to hear the perky tone in your writing, and while Im sure you have a bunch of bloggy buddies who are familiar with domestic infant adoption, I would be more than happy to discuss with you (openly, honestly, bluntly, whatev!) whenever you want! SOOO happy that hubby is on board and that you guys are going to be PARENTS!!! SOOOON!!! YEAH!!
    Cant wait to catch up with you here :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi Brenda!

    Long time since I've checked in, but I'm soooooo happy to stumble on your new blog and learn of your adoption news!!!! :) You are going to make a wonderful mommy and I'm so excited for you! What an exciting decision and amazing journey you are embarking on! Cannot wait for you to finally hold your baby in your arms. Much love and happiness!!!! xoxooxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Commiserate, support, question, respectfully disagree, or simply let me know you're here. I'd love to hear from you!